Whats been going in my brain lately

What does the Bible teach as to how we are to be the Body of Christ together? How shall a Biblical assembly be led? How should each of us take part? How shall we be disciples of Jesus together?
David

Re: Whats been going in my brain lately

Post by David »

What is Hebrew roots? Some new movement afoot? Never heard of it until I visited here.

I'm just saying God says to observe the Passover on the 14th day of Nisan from generation to generation forever. That's a pretty tall order if you ask me. As explicit as it is I still hear others tell me it's too Jewish or the Law is dead, we don't do that anymore. But Christ kept the commandment He too observed the Passover. But guess what, He gave us a new testament, that is to say a new will for us, as only our God can do. Now, rather than remembering what the strong arm of the Lord did for His chosen in Egypt. We now are commanded to remember Him and His work on the cross. DO THIS in remembrance of Me He said. We His chosen can now come to the table and share in this Feast.

Today every one sits in his pew and eats a wafer and drinks out of a little plastic cup and calls it communion. Does anyone understand why it is unleavened? Does any one know what the four cups of joy represent or why some of the bread is hidden away until the third cup? What a great family experience it is to share these things to learn and to rejoice. Do it any day you please I suppose but be sure one of those days falls on the 14th day of Nisan. It is the day the Lord said to do it. Tell your sons He said, pass it on.

Go ahead again tell me I shouldn't or that its not necessary. But I remind you, big word that 'forever' especially when it comes from God.

by the way Hi again everybody long time no see.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Forever?

Forever the shadow has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Hi, David.

Jim
David

Post by David »

Hi Jim good to be here with you again.

Yes forever, and we are commanded to remember the Passover Lamb Christ our Lord on a certain day so that we never ever forget as we sinners so often do ;)

love ya Jim God bless you and yours.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

The shadows given to Israel have now been fulfilled in the person of Jesus Christ... forever.

Love you too, brother David.
David

Post by David »

Do you eat the little wafer and small drop of wine? The Greeks translated it communion or Lords Supper and still nobody I met met knows how oft it need be done. News flash it the 14th day of Nisan. Even Christ said go prepare a table for the Passover. He kept the commandment of God why do some pick and choose which commandments they do? God says Remember Me on this day. God also said do not commit murder. Why do you get to choose then which you will do?

I saw your front page regarding Hebrew roots. Galations speaks of Jews teaching others justification by the Law. I do not say this to you as way of justification by a work. Rather only reminder of our Kings commandment "Do this in remembrance of Me". He even said what day to this on too.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Jesus is our Passover.

He is the fulfillment of the ceremony which was only a shadow.

The Old Testament is the foundation for the New.

The New Testament interprets the Old for us, the Church: Jew & Gentile become one.

Think of how history unfolded by the time Judah was taken to Babylon. Think about the time of their return. Think about the next 400 years. And then John the Baptist. And then our Lord Jesus.

God's calling on His people was different after Messiah came. "Forever" must be understood in the sense of New Wine, but not in an old wineskin.
David

Post by David »

jimbaum wrote:Jesus is our Passover [lamb]. Yes I agree

He is the fulfillment of the ceremony which was only a shadow. Agreed

The Old Testament is the foundation for the New. Since testament defined is 'will'. I would think the old testament not so much as a foundation or an interpretation. But rather His old will for us.

The New Testament interprets the Old for us, the Church: Jew & Gentile become one. see above, Also the new testament simply put is His new will for us. And yes I agree, the veil as been rent no such thing as a gentile Christian or a Jewish Christian is there? Since a Gentile defined is a pagan and a Jew defined here is one circumsized in the flesh thinking himself justified by the law.

Think of how history unfolded by the time Judah was taken to Babylon. Think about the time of their return. Think about the next 400 years. And then John the Baptist. And then our Lord Jesus. Considering I was speaking of the Passover. His old will was to have his chosen call to remembrance what the strong arm of the Lord did for them in Egypt. He is very explicit the Passover was to be observed forever from generation to generation. His new will for us is now to remember what He did on the cross it was His body that was broken and His blood shed for our sins. Do this in remembrance of Me He said. No longer do we look back to Egypt that, as you say, shadow of things to come. No where did God say in His new will for us to stop observing the Passover the thing that did change was that we are to remember His body broken for us and His blood shed for our sins.

God's calling on His people was different after Messiah came. "Forever" must be understood in the sense of New Wine, but not in an old wineskin. Yes He is the New WIne! But I also believe we ought to also remember Him according to Gods standards not our own.

It has nothing to do with justification by law or the circumcision of the flesh. Rather the point is only to obey Gods commandments. Didn't He say if you love me do my commandments? He is our King therefore I would think one ought to obey the King. Because I love Him not because I think by doing so I gain entry into heaven through works of self righteousness.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Yes, it was Jesus, "I AM", who said if you love me you will obey me.