Hello

Please post your questions and comments here as they relate to the purpose or process or adminstration of this discussion board.
gravy8654

Hello

Post by gravy8654 »

Hello all

I found this discussion board after I tripped over your main site. I don't really know the actual site where I found the original link, but I guess it doesn't really matter, I know that the Lord nudged me this way because I had almost given up on the body as a whole. I thought every church was as knee deep in churchianity as the one I just stopped going to and after looking back I really see how the wrong kind of unity sneaks up on you. I never really saw it and it was right in front of my face. I guess I can be forgiven because I was a lone wolf for so long that I didn't really know what was going on. I mean, we went through The Purpose Driven Life, they use all different kinds of translations but luckily for me I never really connected with anybody there. I just wanted to go through the Bible and not jump on the latest fad.
Does anyone here have a home church, or where do you go?
I am about to start attending a new church. It is very small and it is very much like a home church so I am excited about that and about this board. I look forward to meeting and talking to you all
Sorry so long winded
Clint
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Welcome, Clint

There's only three of us that have participated in the last few weeks. All three of us fellowship with other believers. Shawn fellowships in a Plymouth Brethren assembly in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Zach and I are a part of a Bible Fellowship (no denomination) in Washington State, USA.

I pray the Lord will bless your participation in the new church you are starting to attend. I'm an advocate of "house churches" but what I really mean by that is an assembly, no matter what building they meet in, that tries to keep it simple according to the New Testament and is led by the brothers, including elders, instead of ruled by a professional clergyman or a committee of business men.

It's my conviction that we have to be willing to fellowship in assemblies even when things are not ideal according to our convictions. May the Lord give us grace and wisdom, yes?

Looking forward to hearing what else is on your mind, brother Clint.

Jim