message failed notice

Please post your questions and comments here as they relate to the purpose or process or adminstration of this discussion board.
Jasmine

message failed notice

Post by Jasmine »

Hi Jim ,

I am only able to post by hitting my back button when I've completed my message.

I click on submit and than I get the Debug code and a message that says
'message failed ' . So I've discovered that when I click on my back button the message is posted .

It's no big deal I just thought maybe you'd like to know .
jimbaum
Site Admin

Posting Problem

Post by jimbaum »

Thanks Jasmine, for the heads up on this problem. I will look into this. Like a lot of things, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, but the Lord will give us wisdom for the next step!

Jim
jimbaum
Site Admin

Posting Problem

Post by jimbaum »

Jasmine, it just worked normally for me. I will try to think of things that might be unique to a particular browser. Feel free to email me with specifics of your browser if you would like. It very well might be that others are having a similar problem. Not that many people visit this discussion board so I want it to be as painless as possible!

Jim
Jasmine

Post by Jasmine »

Praise the Lord ! its working tonight . Maybe I was doing something wrong ... like not waiting .
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

If this happens again write down exactly what the message says, and if there is a error code that will tell exactly what the problem is(in most cases). It sounds to me like the message is being submitted fine, it the process after that which is the confirmation and redirection phase. If I remember correctly, after you submit a message it confirms that the message was posted sucessfully and then redirect you back to the orginal post. This usually fails do to browser errors. Firefox sometimes does this.

zach
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

If this happens again write down exactly what the message says, and if there is a error code that will tell exactly what the problem is(in most cases). It sounds to me like the message is being submitted fine, it the process after that which is the confirmation and redirection phase. If I remember correctly, after you submit a message it confirms that the message was posted sucessfully and then redirect you back to the orginal post. This usually fails do to browser errors. Firefox sometimes does this.

zach
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Funny, when submitting the last post I got this error,

Could not connect to smtp host : 0 :

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : smtp.php

zach
jimbaum
Site Admin

Troubleshooting

Post by jimbaum »

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to investigate. I always appreciate anyone posting or emailing me directly with problems with this discussion board so I can stumble towards resolving things, by the grace of God! Jim