Jim B's Summary of Michael White's Explanations

Discuss with this brother issues relating to Dispensationalism, Pre-Millenialism, &
Pre-Trib Rapture - Agree or Disagree... in love!

Moderator: Mike_White's Group

jimbaum
Site Admin

Jim B's Summary of Michael White's Explanations

Post by jimbaum »

In this topic I intend to summarize the important points that are made. This is a tool for me to learn and for people new to the forum to catch up with the discussion. I'll keep it locked to keep it streamlined. But please... do feel free to post comments or questions on any of Michael White's topics.

Jim B.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Dispensations

Post by jimbaum »

1. Hebrews 1:1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds...
2. A "Dispensation" refers to the administration during a time period, more than the time period itself.

3. "God's plan of salvation has never changed just as his character does not." In different times, God uses "different methods to reveal the need in man for a savior".

4. Salvation has, “always been by faith on man’s part and election on God’s part”. See Romans 9:7-11

5. When the Fullness of Time Had Come, Galatians 4:1-5
Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6. Most Christians recognize a difference between law and grace. John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
7. There was a dispensation before the law was given at Sinai (Exodus 19). Romans 5:14
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
8. There is a time coming after the present age.
Hebrews 6:5 …And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come
Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him...
9. When there is a change of administration (dispensation) the change occurs over a transition period.

10. See Romans 13:8-12, including Romans 13:10-11
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.