The bands of Gomer

Discuss world empires past, present, and future. What does the Bible say about the empires of the world?
David

The bands of Gomer

Post by David »

You know many here particularly those living in the U.S. may wonder of the role the United States play in the last day. I was reading some literature regarding the sons of Noah. It is I thought interesting the descendants of Gomer settled throughout Europe a.k.a. later as Celts/Gauls. Granted right now the U.S. is a melting pot but I'm thinking still most settlers of this country are of European descent. Leading me to think the U.S. could be included in the bands of Gomer (Ezekiel 38 39).

On the otherhand...

the ships of tarshish come against the king of the north. These ships, unlike the coastal traders of that time, were considered as larger & ocean going, able withstand the rigors of off-shore and long distance voyages. Seeing as how the U.S. Navy has the ability to reach out and touch someone from anywhere in the world this may be a role too.

Of course it may be we are unable to lend a hand no matter the cause.

Doubt I'd find a definitive answer it's just something to think about I suppose.
David

Re: The bands of Gomer

Post by David »

Ok Im a moron, I sat down to study a bit more today and I came across again the 'ships of Chittim' a.k.a. Kittim. I imediately said to myself, "self, now how did you ever manage to write about the ships of tarshish in the above post?" It's supposed to be the ships Chittim now making my question of a possibile U.S. Naval involvement I now suppose less than nil. Sorry. However regarding Gomer and all his bands I think it still stands as a possibility for the U.S. involvement though nothing very specific is ever mentioned.

Upon reading further Javan's sons Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim are part of the families of Gomer thought to have been migrating throughout the Indo-European continents.