Be Logical - Love the Truth

Be Kind, Biblical, and Logical: Speak the Truth in Love
jimbaum
Site Admin

Be Logical - Love the Truth

Post by jimbaum »

If we love the truth we will be truthful in how we explain or refute things.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear... 1 Peter 3:15
If there is a reason for the hope in us, then it is reasonable and logical that there is hope in us.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9
What God has said is our basis for everything. All of our life should logically flow from what God has said.

We should logically discuss the interpretation and application of God's word. We should avoid logical fallacies that lead us away from truth.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Logical Fallacies

Post by jimbaum »

Consider this wikipedia article on logical fallacies.

I do not endorse the creators of wikipedia or the philosophers referred to in this article, but examining common ways that we are illogical is very important.

To be illogical in drawing conclusions from the Bible is to be drawn away from the truth. For followers of Jesus, the Bible is the standard of truth. Everything else that is true logically follows from God's word.