A Roman Empire?

Our Lord Jesus calls us to love Muslims and yet Islam is yet another religious system that ought to be compared with the Bible to see whether it is true or false.
David

A Roman Empire?

Post by David »

Do you believe a Revived Roman Empire would be the Empire of the Anti-Christ rather than an Ottoman Empire? Scripturely what proves one or the other?

C'mon alittle Q&A here. :D

Lets discuss Ezekiel, Daniel, Mathew, Revelation. If you ask me Europe is asleep and Rome is a has been that won't be coming back.
Last edited by David on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Who me?

Are you talking to me?

Are you talking to me?

David, Good questions.

After 9-11 I, like many believers, realized that we had a big blank spot in our brains when it came to the descendants of Ishmael, and Islam, and the history of Islamic Empires, and the role Islam may play in the future.

There has also been a new bandwagon of some saying that Islam is the big boogy-man that is taking over the earth.

I want to fill the holes in my brain about Islam, past present and future, without jumping on anyone's band wagon.

There is no doubt in my mind that the descendants of Ishmael will play an important role. But, what role I'm evaluating...

I respect what you have said about Islam. And I agree that there is a logic there.

Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the statue in Daniel is important in speaking of four kingdoms. I do believe the fourth kingdom is the kingdom that crucified our Lord Jesus.

At a minimum, I believe that Islam is playing the role of global "enemy" to give the rulers the excuse to create a global police state.

I'm willing to examine if Islam will play an even greater role.

Jesus loves David.

Jim B.
Last edited by jimbaum on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

Well I guess you'll do :)

Jim, I've always been taught that there will be a revived Roman Empire in this worlds future. Even today at the church I go to it is taught. However I've began to question not in any disrespectful manner mind you. I love my pastor he is a gentle elderly man and a wealth of knowledge but set in his ways. When I ask him about certain scripture and he doesn't have an answer I get the "I guess we'll know when we get to glory" :) response. I tell you a revived roman empire doesn't make sense to me and I can't get it out of my mind I think about it continually.

Psalms 83, Joel 2 and 3, I read Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39 Gog (the chief prince) is referenced in these and Revelation. Specific nations and peoples are described here all coming against Israel but nowhere do I see Rome. The statue of gold, brass iron and clay in Daniel how do some see a roman empire in these?

Just rambling because I don't have time right now. I wanted to respond in greater detail today but I find its late again here in Chucktown, SC. Lord willing I can get some time online tomorrow.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

David,

I've created topic area called, "World Empires & History", and in it I've started a topic, "Nebuchadnezzar's Dream of the Image - Daniel 2".

I think it's a good discussion to examine which empire might be that fourth kingdom.

Jim