"Conspiracy Theories"

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness." 1 John 5:19

How do we avoid false accusations against the rulers without being blind to their actual corruption?

jimbaum
Site Admin

"Conspiracy Theories"

Post by jimbaum »

The following is what I posted in another discussion, but I thought it would be important to mention it here also.

On the subject of conspiracy theories:

I am particularly sensitive to conspiracy theories and anti-semitism. There are people who don't profess to be followers of Jesus that devote themselves to conspiracy theories. They become to the masses like the boy who cries wolf. Their views are some truth mixed with lots of error and they inoculate the masses against the truth. Now when an average person hears legitimate discussion about corrupt rulers, and they raise legitimate concerns about, for example, the Trilateral Commission, the average person is conditioned to think, "Conspiracy Theory!" and turn off his brain and stop listening. This is especially evil when the conspiracies are blamed on the Jews.

I think it is possible to warn of this corrupt world system without using the term "conspiracy". Our calling is to preach the Gospel to all who are deceived, both conspiracy idolaters and Pollyanna Rose-Colored Glasses idolaters.

Jim Baumgaertel