How would You rate the condition of Churches today ?

How are professing Evangelical Christians being deceived?
Jasmine

How would You rate the condition of Churches today ?

Post by Jasmine »

On a scale of 1 to 10 , 10 being the best ; where do you think our churches are ?

A few weeks ago I may have said 6 . But this past week has changed my mind and I'd have to say 4 , maybe even a three .

The church we attend is becoming more interested in entertaining and getting the head count up than it is in actual spiritual growth . I have gone to a couple Church Board meetings and voiced my concerns . So far no change however .

Than I learned last week that a church we use to attend ,( in fact it was through that church I found my salvation through Jesus as a personal Saviour ) has made it there policy that they cannot sing " I Have Decided to Follow Jesus " . It might make someone too uncomfortable .

So I guess I'm curious to know if others have churches that have joined the race towards the one world religion ?
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

On a scale I have to say both 3 and 10. That may seem strange that I say two numbers but I believe that although the church as a whole has alot of problems there are many in these churches that are concerned about spirtitueal growth more. Its kind of like an old car that keeps getting older and more beat up but still keeps running great. The church as a whole has many problems and is becomming more like the world on the surface but when you take a close look at the indivual people you see alot of good sincere christian people. The church has alot of good things happening within it. Its kind of a two sided think I think. In some ways I hope the church is working toward a one world religion. Because when all that is set up that means Jesus is comming back.
jimbaum
Site Admin

The Great Apostasy

Post by jimbaum »

The Great Apostasy

I believe that the vast majority Evangelical institutions are immersed in the great apostasy that includes all the world's religious systems and began during the lives of the Apostles. In any particular evangelical church I used to think maybe 10% were unsaved. Now I wonder if it might be only 10% are saved.

Those who truly belong to Jesus ought to want to be ever-maturing disciples. They ought to want to be the Bride of Christ with whoever they can find to fellowship with in a like-minded way, by the grace of God. We ought to ask the Lord to help us be examples to those around us who profess to be followers of Jesus.

The flesh and the apostasy manifests itself in two major ways, it seems: First there are coercive legalists who want to control people and usually lack sincere love; then there are licentious religious people who do not care about the truth but speak a lot about love and tolerance.

We must care about the truth and be motivated by love. We must pursuade by the word and example, not coercion.
Jasmine

Post by Jasmine »

Boy you have it nailed down !

I have to tell you , we just got our first computor in Dec. Never saw much need for one , and figured we'd never learn how to run it anyway .

So that being said , we were really out of touch with what was going on in all the churches and Christianity in general .

I feel like Rip Van Winkle ! You know the old guy who slept for twenty years ?

Or has it just been since Rick Warren came on the scene that the faith became so compromised by the New Age ?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ isn't being preached anymore . And if it is it seems to be the Jesus of the New Agers that seems to find more time given from the pupits .

Just last week in a Bible Study we are leading we were discussing the Apostacy and the current events . The puurpose of this study is to warn our Church that the Armageddon Clock is about out of time . Sadly they're snoring so loudly I don't think they are hearing the warning .

I guess I did get some of their attention when I said that " God is so kind, loving and compassionate . Don't think for a minute He doesn't love the people who he sends to Hell "

It hurts to have to be so blunt . And I guess I'm becoming almost militant myself about speaking out . It's easy to see why so many would rather keep their heads in the sand , it would be so much easier than taking a stand for sound biblical truth ; and trying to fight off the New Age , PDLers, Christian Yoga , the Global Oneness ,etc.etc.

I sure look forward to hearing 'Well done good and faithful servant " that spurs me onward to the finish line .