The Emerging Church

How are professing Evangelical Christians being deceived?
wackzingo

The Emerging Church

Post by wackzingo »

The link on your homepage from Roger Oakland, of http://understandthetimes.org/commentary/c46.shtml Understand the Time was very interesting. I love to point he made at the end of how it looks like the counterfeit religious system of the end times is being set up. On one hand I'm saddened to see so many people today depart from God's word, but on the other hand it's exciting to see in a good way. Its exciting to see all this happen before our eye and knowing that Jesus' return is very soon. I'm looking forward so much to leaving this world and all it's struggles behind and of course the 1000 years of peace living here on earth again sounds exciting too.

I want to also mention, it was good to see Chuck Smith SR. respond against these practices in spite of where it looks like his son is heading and other Calvary chapel's/many evangelical churches.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Calvary Chapels & Emerging Church/Contemplative Techniqu

Post by jimbaum »

Amen to the blessed hope, Zach. I pray that the Lord would help me to increasingly look forward to His return.

I agree that it is good that the Calvary Chapel headquarters put out a position paper opposing Emerging Church trends. There seems to be a serious problem among some of the Calvary Chapel affiliated churches.

It seems to me that it should be publicly explained how Chuck Smith Sr's new book came to contain serious Emergent church references if he didn't put them in there.

Also, I think the Moses authoritarian approach of Calvary Chapel clergymen is part of the problem because the leaders are conditioned to not be very open to correction from the brethren out of the Bible, that is to the degree they hold to the Moses authoritarian approach.

I do pray for our Lord to turn all of this for good.

Jim B.