Ron Boehme

How are professing Evangelical Christians being deceived?
wackzingo

Ron Boehme

Post by wackzingo »

I found what you wrote about Ron Boehme very interesting. I have known Ron for about 8 years. Ron headed up the youth pastor meetings among area youth pastor and I attended these meeting monthly with Ron and other youth pastors. Ron has always been one with great hopes to see the body of Christ united and to see a revival in the Northwest. I know what you mean though, about the false hope and deception that often comes with that kind of preaching.

It always makes me wonder why people get so focused on changing this world. The bible clearly teaches that this world will continue to get worse and more corrupt until the return of Jesus. This does not mean we should give up and stop witnessing to people about Jesus. The bible teaches that we are to look for the return of Jesus and knowing that he could come at any time should cause us to be diligent about serving God and witnessing to others because time is short. I'm not exactly sure what the difference between what you mention Ron teaches and this kind is, but I have a feeling there is a difference somewhere. Do you have any ideas or opinions between Ron's thinking and reasoning and the kind that says "Jesus could return any moment, we should be ready and wittiness to those around us as much as possible because the time is short"?

Anyways, it gives me something to think about.

In Christ Zach
jimbaum
Site Admin

Concerns

Post by jimbaum »

Zach, My concerns about Ron Boehme and YWAM have to do with the four ways that Christians are being deceived in my article of that title.

Also, the articles you mentioned, if someone else wants to look at them are: KINGDOM NOW OR NEW WORLD ORDER?and George Otis Jr: Mystical Warfare in Kitsap County.

I believe that Ron is a follower of Jesus with good intentions but he is part of a movement with very serious false teaching which is leading professing Christians in very unbiblical directions.

As an example, one of many, in his book Leadership for the 21st Century he quotes Reconstructionist, Gary North, "We are seeing a shift in practical eschatology. It now includes a vision of victory. Better to plan for a long-term program to subdue the whole earth, generation by generation, than to squander our capital in a short-term sprint to save a remnant and then leave the world to the devil. Aim high, aim carefully, and shoot long."

Ron Boehme goes on to comment, "Some are beginning to see the extremely negative consequences of living every day as if it were our last, as if Christ were coming at any moment. If we are consistent with that view, then it can easily lead to doing very little to change our world, and to do little if any long-range planning. And those who do no long-range planning can never lead."

There is much for sincere followers of Jesus to discuss about these things. It all comes down to what does the Lord call us to in the New Testament and what does the New Testament not say.

Jim
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Jim,
Thanks for the information, that is a very interesting quote "Some are beginning to see the extremely negative consequences of living every day as if it were our last, as if Christ were coming at any moment. If we are consistent with that view, then it can easily lead to doing very little to change our world, and to do little if any long-range planning. And those who do no long-range planning can never lead."

I wonder if he has ever read James 4:12-16 "13Come now, those saying, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city and spend a year there, and we will trade and will make a profit, 14who do not know of the morrow. For what is your life? For it is a vapor, which appears for a little time, and then disappears. 15Instead of you saying, If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that. 16But now you boast in your presumptions. All such boasting is evil."

And if what Ron says is true, how did Paul ever lead? He must have been a failure. Looking back now Paul must have been a terrible leader because he lived every day as if the return of Jesus could come at any moment.

I'll have to get his books and read them.
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

I just had to post a few more comments about the quote from Ron about living as if Jesus could return at any moment. I would love to hear what could possibly be the negative effects of living that way. On the other hand I can think of many negative effects of not living that way.

First: If you don't believe that Jesus could or will return at any moment what need is there to witness to people. What need is there to repent now? Why not repent later. Why organize huge events to reach people fast because Jesus isn't coming back today.

Second: This thinking causes people to keep planning for life on earth because we have lots of time, Jesus isn't coming back any time soon. Lets look at how to plan for retirement, write our 30year vision statements, etc.

Besides, where does the bible teach that we are to have long-range goals? Is there even a small amount of biblical truth to support long-range planning. If we live by the worlds standards he is completely right. Every successful business person had long term goals and plans that helped them succeed in life. But the way of God is never the way of the world. When we are weak he is strong. Its the last who will be first. The bible teaches that we are to live and lead moment by moment according to the leading of the spirit, not long-range planning. If I am off somewhere please correct me.

Anyways.....

Zach