Ever notice this?

What does the Bible teach as to how we are to be the Body of Christ together? How shall a Biblical assembly be led? How should each of us take part? How shall we be disciples of Jesus together?
Biblebeliever

Ever notice this?

Post by Biblebeliever »

A couple of friends enter into an endeavor together, and though it didn't go quite as planned they remain friends, and refer to that time as, "the ENDEAVOR YOU STARTED", and the other will say, "No, that ENDEAVOR YOU BEGAN."

As we read and re-read His loving WORD, He reveals different things, such as this...

Exo 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

And this was their ENDEAVOR,

Exo 32:7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

Exo 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Such an endearing turn of a phrase, I love His Word so much :mrgreen:
In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,

Craig

Psa 138:2 ... thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
drno77

Re: Ever notice this?

Post by drno77 »

I love the "wordplay" found in many scriptures.

One of my favorites is a similitude found in "the Akida" Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac (showing Messiah's sacrifice for us!).

Included in the pictures of Messiah's sacrifice are:
*The only "beloved" son. Genesis 22:2/John 3:16

* The son carrying the wood up the hill on his back (Jesus carrying the cross) Gen. 22:6/John 19:17

* The goat caught in the thicket by his horns (horns meaning power, Jesus power being his love for us, John 15:13/John 19:18 and also seen in this is Jesus wearing the crown of thorns) Gen.22:13//John 19:2

* Abraham saying "God will provide himself a lamb".
I looked at the Hebrew concerning this and believe Scripture is definitely saying that God himself would be the lamb!
the section of the sentence in the Hebrew "Himself a lamb" is one word, "seh".
Many translations (Darby's, Young's literal, ESV, NIV, NLT, AND NKJV my personal favorite.) miss much by constructing that sentence differently, such as God will provide for himself a lamb.
I do not believe the Hebrew supports this.

Last, but not least, is the fact that the "Son" is not seen again until his wedding day, most likely the next time we see Jesus! Gen. 24:62/John 14:3/Rev.19:7-9.
Not to mention, although I will :D, when we do see Isaac (the son) again, he is coming to meet his bride!

Blessings,
Dale