calvary chapel busters

Let us discuss the nature of megachurches and denominations including non-denominational denominations.
Calvary

calvary chapel busters

Post by Calvary »

i see that your location is port orchard jim.

i went to jr. and sr.high school (south kitsap high) there.

anyways,,,

there are a couple of your 'fans' that are trying to
bust up my sisters calvary chapel body.

(VALID dissent IS allowed in calvary chapels,
regardless of what that 'moses cult = calvary' op ed found on this site says. my sisters calvary chapel body had valid dissent and their pastor
was replaced)

these two 'fans' of yours, their ignorance of basic hermeneutics and their arrogance in their ignorance, are truly amazing in my opinion.
( for example,, paying a workman
for the work they contracted is 'sowing bad seed' if the workman
isnt a Christian . dont ask me how
''paying a workman his wages''
is
'sowing bad seed'
if the workman isnt a Christian,.
the guy takes that parable , out of context,,and turned it into that some how. )

they make personal attacks, in my opinion,, they gossip for the sole
purpose of causing 'division' to see if its 'allowed' in my honest opinion,,, and they seem to lie,, regularly!!!

when they couldn't get enough infighting going in the church body,, they dropped jon's name and this sites name.

so i thought i'd come here
and see if their messed up theology came from here.

i especially was shocked by the 'calvary moses style' = cult" piece of
crapola op ed..

(valid gripes against a pastor ARE allowed in calvary chapels
regardless of what that 'moses cult = calvary' op ed found on this site says. .)

basically,, it advocates 'no shepherd but Jesus'.

why does the Bible tell us some are appointed as
shepherds , teachers and elders if we are not supposed to have
any shepherds/pastors ?

do you want to see herds without shepherds ?.

the only reason i can see for not having a pastor, is all
the better for wolves in sheeps clothing ,

(and those Christians you manage to deceive with
your 'calvary and/or church's with pastors are a cult' crapola)

,,to scatter the flocks ,,in my opinion..

i also found it shocking to read in that op ed that implied bodies under a pastor
are guilty of idolatry and blashphamy,, not to mention the obscene
suggestion that all pastors seduce weak willed women into idolatry
and blasphemy,,, thats just a really sick accusation, and i got to
wonder what kind of sick mind would even write something like
that..

i think the 'moses style/calvary = cult' op ed appears to be legal
slander against calvary chapel.

i'm pretty sure the only reason

YOU and JON HAVENT BEEN SUED

FOR SLANDER,,,

is the scripture telling us not to sue , and calvary
chapel follows the bible to the letter,,

( and some how i think you two already knew this, even counted on it.)

you guys are nothing but ' calvary busters' with a personal
beef , in my honest opinion.

that, or wolves in sheeps clothing,, in my personal opinion.

this is my one and only post,,

just wanted you to know that
not all calvary chapel members are ignorant of what jon and you are doing
and what your 'fans' are doing.

you really are not that hard to spot.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Hello Calvary,

I appreciate you posting.

You wrote:
there are a couple of your 'fans' that are trying to
bust up my sisters calvary chapel body.
It's wrong for these people to try to bust up a Calvary Chapel fellowship. If I had the opportunity I would tell them that.
VALID dissent IS allowed in calvary chapels
That's a good sign for the Calvary Chapels you have observed. I've always said that a good indicator that you are NOT in a cult is that you are free to discuss important things with your friends.

I don't understand what the controversy is about paying a workman and sowing bad seed. Could you explain that more?
when they couldn't get enough infighting going in the church body,, they dropped jon's name and this sites name.
Who is Jon? The only Jon I can think of is Jon Courson, but he is a Calvary pastor himself, so why would they bring him up?

I think it's important to be able to discuss these issues, but if these people are just motivated by a crusade to divide, that's wrong.
why does the Bible tell us some are appointed as
shepherds , teachers and elders if we are not supposed to have
any shepherds/pastors ? do you want to see herds without shepherds ?. the only reason i can see for not having a pastor, is all
the better for wolves in sheeps clothing
The New Testament teaches that elders should shepherd the flock. I don't think there is any question about that. Biblical leadership by elders is very important in my view.
also found it shocking to read in that op ed that implied bodies under a pastor are guilty of idolatry and blashphamy,, not to mention the obscene suggestion that all pastors seduce weak willed women into idolatry and blasphemy,,, thats just a really sick accusation, and i got to
wonder what kind of sick mind would even write something like
that..
My point is that if a clergyman has built a church around his own personality and if he is the focus of the assembly, then he is tending to usurp the role of Christ in the lives of the people.

I never said that all pastors seduce weak willed women. I'm saying that when a man presumes to be a leader of women and surrounds himself by zealous women who look up to him, and spends time on the phone with them and "counseling" sessions alone with them... that this represents a great danger for many reasons.
i think the 'moses style/calvary = cult' op ed appears to be legal
slander against calvary chapel.
I have never said that Calvary Chapels are a cult. I'm saying that any group, including Calvary Chapels, are exhibiting cult-like tendencies to the degree that their leader presumes to have Moses-like authority over the people.

It is important that we discuss controversial issues. The whole world is being prepared for a counterfeit christ. The 900 deaths under Jim Jones is a serious reminder of this power that the abuse of authority can bring. No person or group should be beyond critique. People should not take it personally when their leaders or organizations are criticized.

I do want the Lord to help me to know how to properly discuss these controversies. I do not want to slander. I do want to forthrightly examine issues of serious concern.

Do you think it's right for a leader to consider himself a Moses over the people?

Do you doubt that this has been promoted among Calvary Chapels?

Have you looked at the booklet called, “THE PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY OF CALVARY CHAPEL” by Chuck Smith?

See what it says about firing the elders.

I consider all believers in the Lord Jesus who are a part of Calvary Chapel assemblies to be my brethren in the Body of Christ. Let's reason together out of the scriptures.

Love in our Lord Jesus,

Jim B.