The great tribulation

How shall we rightly divide the word of God on any particular topic?
David

The great tribulation

Post by David »

What do you have to scripturally back up a pre or post tribulation rapture?

myself I belive it will be a post tribulation pre-wrath 'rapture' unfortunetly Im at anchor in Oriental, NC and have limited internet time for now I'll be back with scripture later ;)
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

David,

I have not spent nearly enough effort to map this issue out for myself. I am pretty convinced that there will be a rapture prior to the wrath of God and I lean towards a pre-tribulation rapture.

Please do post the scriptures you believe are relevant.

Jim B.
David

Post by David »

Hello

Finally made it back to Chucktown, SC.

To keep things going 'til I get my bible and PC in the same room Im going to offer a few questions and observations about scripture from memory (yikes). Maybe someone else here will pipe up in the meantime? :)

Correct me if Im wrong Im fairly certain the bible says Jesus will return like he left, in clouds and glory. When I look at the timeline given by pre-tribulation believers Jesus comes but believers meet Him in the air and He waits a time, times, and the dividing of time then He finishes the second coming by planting his feet on earth. Yet when I look at the timeline given in Acts Jesus is taken up and recieved into clouds while they were yet speaking pretty quick transition IMHO.

Also the part about not being appointed unto wrath I can believe and rejoice in that promise. However the Great Tribulation is for a time, times, and the dividing of time (3.5 years) and God's wrath is considered an hour of time and comes at the end of the Great Tribulation.

I read the new testement and it appears to explain to you how to prepare for tribulation. Our life is filled with little tribulations Peter even said not to be concerned about his tribulation. I know of a man in the Sudan now known as Joseph who was recently crucified for his faith he lives today and still loves the man who did it to him. Foxes Book of Martyrs makes it obvious Christians have and will suffer tribulation through the times beatings, imprisonment, scourgings, stoning, and death. Why do some believe they will get a get out jail free card for the Great Tribulation?

Nope I certain of a post Great Tribulation, pre-wrath rapture.

comments?
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Sorry, Dave, I've been out of town lately... see procinwarn.com.

It is true that believers in Jesus have undergone tribulation for 2000 years and continue to undergo tribulation today. And even if there is a pre-trib rapture the saints may increasingly undergo tribulation leading up to the meeting the Lord in the air.

Though I have not become convinced to the point of being dogmatic, I do lean toward a pre-trib rapture. One reason is that our Lord Jesus' coming is imminent. A pre-trib rapture provides such imminence.

Every generation has had that blessed hope that we ought to look for. We shouldn't be waiting for the anti-christ to be revealed but for Jesus to come for His saints.

Jim B.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Please see Michael White's forumon Dispensationalism, Premillenialsim, & Pre-trib rapture.
drno77

Re: The great tribulation

Post by drno77 »

Hi David and Jim,
Rather than re-present the Scriptures that discuss the Antichrist, I would just like to present my thoughts on some of the scriptures that have made me think from my beginning walk in faith (before I heard of any teachings on dispensations or pre, post, or mid, just reading the Bible for myself) that we should be looking for Jesus, not anyone or anything else.
I think scholars call this idea the "doctrine of imminence".

Luke 12:35-40, and 1 Corinthians 1:7, Philippians 3:20, 1 Timothy 6:14, 2 Timothy 4:8, Titus 2:13, as well as 2 Peter 3:12, and especially 1Thessalonians 1:10 all seem to be saying for us to look for Him.

You can probably fairly cry "foul" on context for some of these verses, but I am only presenting in this post what I had taken these scriptures to imply (looking for Him to return) when I was a young Christian.
I haven't yet found a compelling reason to stop looking for Jesus return.
Of course 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 also makes a strong case that we should comfort one another in "looking for Him".

Blessings,

Dale