Before the fall...

How shall we rightly divide the word of God on any particular topic?
Biblebeliever

Before the fall...

Post by Biblebeliever »

Why did Adam and Eve eat?

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food;

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Why did they eat? Before the fall they couldn't have died of starvation, they may not have felt hunger, but they had food, why?

:mrgreen:

Isn't it for the same reason we will eat HERE,

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.

simply for the pure pleasure of food?

Whad'ya think?
In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,

Craig

Psa 138:2 ... thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Before God created the universe He already knew that He would create blood in our veins and bread for us to eat. He already planned that life would be in the blood. He already planned that Jesus would be called the bread of life and that man would not live by bread alone.

Things that our Lord Jesus created were intended to be living or real life metaphors for us to understand the love relationship our Lord has called us to.

I don't doubt that God intended for us to experience the pleasure and fulfillment that comes from eating food so that we could understand spiritual truths about Him.

Good point, brother Biblebeliever!
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

What would be the implication of them obeying and not eating?

Good questions biblebeliever
Biblebeliever

Post by Biblebeliever »

***implication of them obeying and not eating***

That would/will be a good discussion.

Another question in regards to free will, (which I think, those who claim 'FREE WILL' mostly wish to be free from God's Will)

Did they eat the forbidden fruit by their own free will?

I don't think so,

seems that in the Word of God we see them NOT eating the forbidden fruit by their own free will.

They didn't eat the forbidden fruit till SHE was deceived, manipulated, 'BEGUILED' by an outside source, then HE simply followed HER BAD INFLUENCE and disobeyed.

Two verses come to mind when someone starts in about free will...

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

&

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

I believe that people are more SHEEP-LIKE than they care to admit, and they are FOLLOWERS of either good, or bad influences, the Word says MOST follow bad influences.

Whad'ya think?

BUT the the original thrust of this particular thread was not to do with the eating of the 'forbidden fruit', but before that, why did they eat.

Why did they eat at all?

They couldn't STARVE to 'DEATH', could they?
In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,

Craig

Psa 138:2 ... thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.