Infallibility of King James Translators

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
jimbaum
Site Admin

Infallibility of King James Translators

Post by jimbaum »

In order to believe in the King James Only position, it seems to me that one must believe that our Lord gave to the King James translators a similar authority and infallibility as He gave to the Apostles who over saw the writing of the New Testament.

Is this reasonable? This is the place to discuss this issue.

Jim Baumgaertel
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

David, I've quoted below your comments (in red, responses to my numbered items) that relate to this topic. Thanks for the input!
4. King James commissioned various scholars and clergymen to make an English translation of the Textus Receptus. YES a good read is The Rules to be observed in the Translation of the Bible. there it also has the names of other english bibles used to assist in translation like the Bishops Bible, Tyndales, Coverdales and Mathews

5. God used these scholars and clergymen and gave them similar authority and infallibility as He had given the Apostles to take manuscripts that were without error and make an English language translation that is without error and includes the exact words in English that God ordained. NO; This one is a bit more difficult for me to explain it deals more with faith and trust. I believe, regardless of mans involvement, God is capable of preserving his word without error even when translated to another language I just have no idea how, I just do. To help you understand my position is to ask you and others to read the The Epistle Dedicatorie and the preface THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER it used to be in every Holy Bible http://www.ccel.org/bible/kjv/preface/index.htm , even some of the more contemporary ones like my parents owned from the 1960's had it sadly these have been removed from every other since. For me it is a blessing to read it offers for me confidence and comfort the King and men chosen desired to do God's will, their words matter a great deal to me. And my brother if you tire of reading from the computer I would be all to pleased to send you a copy of the 1611ed to read in more comfortable settings. Be warned it is not original dimension so a magnifying glass would be something to have handy (even with 20/20) or reading glasses if you have need.