Fault With King James Only Reasoning

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
wackzingo

Fault With King James Only Reasoning

Post by wackzingo »

I hope that I can say this correctly since I'm having a hard time finding the words.

A common reason among those who support only a KJV view of proof or evidence that the KJV is God's true Word is that no other bible version has been used to change lives like the KJV. I found this on a KJV only site which will be posted below for reference.
These promises and truths turn me to the evidences. How would God validate His word in the world today? It would certainly be a powerful text. It would change lives, bring revival and produce missionaries. There would be internal and external evidences. The text would have historical confirmation. The text would resonate with those closest to the Lord. This is not the place to go into the evidences, but I have been totally convinced by the evidences that the text of the King James Bible is God's perfect text for today. It could also be in other languages. I do not know. But I fully believe it to be in the English Authorized Version of 1611. As you can see, the evidences examined in the light of the promises lead to faith in the perfect word of God. To me, it is that simple.
This argument says the KJV is the only English translation that is powerful and thus God's word because God's Word because it changes lives, brings revivals, produces missionaries, etc.

I agree that God's Word does all these things and more...

But they fail to see one key thing that the bible itself declares and that is people will fall away from the truth and will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, prideful, etc. This is the natural course of sinful men who reject God. If we hold strictly to this KJV only view we should conclude that since it's hardly read at all by people these days that it must not be God's true Word because God's True Word is powerful, living, active and will never pass away. The fact that the KJV is hardly read but by an older dieing generation it will soon hardly be read at all. Give it another 30 years when all those who are over 50+ yrs. old die and only a small minority will read the KJV.

My life has been changed and I have experienced the power of God's word in my own life and I use the NIV. I have been involved in bible quizzing, which uses the NIV as it's only translation. The Assembly of God, Nazarene, Baptists, CMA, Free Methodists all use the NIV. I personally know from bible quizzing over 20 former quizzers who memorized from the NIV just like myself that are now missionaries. The reason it appears that these modern translations aren't powerful is not because they aren't but because people don't make time to read them, study them and meditate upon them.

The fact that these modern translation appear less powerful, less active and less life changing is proof not of their lack of power, but the times in which we live. We're in the midst of a rebellious, God rejecting, self pleasing generation. If the NIV had bee around the same time as the KJV then it would make sense to compare apples to apples. The times in which we live are different and so the results will be different.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Zack,

Please check out the following http://x.procinwarn.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=200 which refers to Al Dager's series on Bible translations in Media Spotlight.

Jim
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Jim,

I tried to figure out what Al Dagger was saying but I got confused. I'm not sure exactly what texts he refers to as A and B. I know he mentions those letters but does he explicitly say these texts are A and these texts are B?

Also, I have read many sources that say that there are more martyrs now then ever in History. The most used bible in the world today is the NIV. Not most circulated but most used. It's not circulated as much due to the fact thats it's still copyrighted. One the copyright runs out it will be circulated more.
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Zack,

See the following to answer your questions about group A and B.

http://x.procinwarn.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=530#530

Jim.