Resources that support KJV from other than KJV only people

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
jimbaum
Site Admin

Resources that support KJV from other than KJV only people

Post by jimbaum »

There are people who support the validity and even their preference of the King James version who are not KJV only people.

Dave Hunt (The Berean Call), for example, has always preferred the KJV and there have been pro-modern translation people who have questioned him about this.

A few years ago Dave Hunt took a lot of criticism from the KJV only people because he would not take a KJV only position.

Consider the Berean Call answers to the following questions:

Question: You always seem to use the King James Version of the Bible. Why not use the modern translations that are so much easier to understand?

Answer

Question: In the April issue of The Berean Call you used all kinds of antiquated structural forms such as with verb endings (killeth, hath, shalt, wilt); possessive adjectives (mine, thine); subject pronouns (thou, ye)....It reminds me of a verse I memorized in my youth: "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth..." (Jn 3:8). It makes me tongue-tied just thinking about it. The use of such language leaves the impression with your readers that you believe that kind of language usage is more acceptable before God, or, worse yet, that God talks like that. Maybe you like King James English because you have some qualms about the accuracy of modern-day translations of the Bible. But please don't take it out on your readers by using structural forms which for hundreds of years have not been a regular part of American speech.

Answer

Question: I was very upset by the answer from you about the reason you prefer the KJV....I need you to please send me several examples of what you consider "serious" errors [in modern translations]. I would also be very appreciative of some reading material that the lay person can understand...or names of some sources....

Answer