NIV Bible Test:

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
Biblebeliever

NIV Bible Test:

Post by Biblebeliever »

NIV Bible Test:

Answer These From Your NIV

INSTRUCTIONS:

Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions to this NIV quiz.

Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).

Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."

According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?

According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?

According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?

In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.

In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________

According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?

According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?

In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?

In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?

In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?

According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?

In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?

John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?

What happened each year as told in John 5:4?

In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?

In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?

What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?

Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.

Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?

Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.

First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?

In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?

Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?

Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"

Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.

(Note: These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?

If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.

(These are all missing in the NIV.)

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

2Co 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God
In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,

Craig

Psa 138:2 ... thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
I see your point, I've seen this before, but I would be careful about the KJV in this case. As you pointed out from scripture it is dangerous to take away but also add to the Word of God. I say be careful because there are no early manuscripts that contain these missing words.

Please answer this question: If we don't see these words appearing until almost 1300-1400 years after the original texts were written isn't it safer to consider that they were added since we can't find evidence of them before?

Should we trust the early manuscripts that don't have these words or modern ones that do? How do we know which one is adding to or taking away?

Isn't this a case of always seeing the glass half empty rather than half full? What I mean is you assume that these words are left out rather than added? Show me early manuscripts that have these words. However just look at footnotes that are full of early manuscripts that don't contain these words. It appears to me that the KJV is adding to the Word rather than modern translations taking away.
Biblebeliever

Post by Biblebeliever »

IF you are seriously interested in the truth of this subject, go here...

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/articles.html

Craig

wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Craig,

There are two main sets of texts used in translations, the Alexandrian texts and the Byzantine Texts. The Alexandrian texts are much older and more complete. The Dead See Scrolls are part of the Alexandrian texts.

Since the Alexandrian texts are much older and therefore more accurate than translations that are 1100 to 1300 years newer.

What is wrong with the Alexandrian texts that the NIV and many other translations rely upon?
Biblebeliever

Post by Biblebeliever »

Your statement is false, the MAJORITY text MSS were quoted by Church fathers in the 1st century!

The Oldest and Best Manuscripts?
http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/oldbest.html

1 John 5:7 And these Three are One
http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/1John5-7.html

If you read the articles, we have something to talk about, IF you WON'T, we don't!

King James Bible Articles
http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/articles.html

Craig

jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Brethren,

I've posted a topic for listing resources that support KJV only and I've posted a topic for listing resources that oppose KJV only.

In these other topics, I request that you mostly explain in your own words why you believe the way you do.

Thanks,

Jim B.
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

biblebeliever,

If God preserves His Word being translated from the original Koine greek to dozens of other Greek translations all the way to the KJV English translation and of course to hundreds of other languages like Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Russian, etc. Why did God fail to preserve His Word from the Koine Greek to the Intellectual Greek language?
Biblebeliever

Post by Biblebeliever »

If you read the articles, we have something to talk about, IF you WON'T, we don't!

Craig

jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Brother Craig,

I invite you to explain your understanding of "How God Has Preserved His Word" in the topic here.

I would be very grateful if you would outline your understanding of how God has preserved the New Testament in particular.

Jim