Prince of Rosh?

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
David

Prince of Rosh?

Post by David »

What are your scholarly opinions of this verse regarding Rosh is it a nation or a position? Translations obviously differ and because of that the interpetation of scripture will vary.

As I've said I do use NKJV as a companion to my KJV I believe one is right the other wrong. I for one agree wholeheartly with the KJV. Others IMHO will lead others astray as to who will be coming against Israel.

So with all other Bible translations out there can you convince me that Rosh is Rus (Russia) and not Rosh like in Rosh Hoshanna? One is Scandanavian the other ancient Hebrew.

Ezekiel 38:2

King James Version (KJV)
Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

New King James Version (NKJV)
“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

New International Version (NIV)
"Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, of Meshech, and of Tubal, and prophesy against him,

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

So with all other Bible translations out there can you convince me that Rosh is Rus (Russia) and not Rosh like in Rosh Hoshanna? One is Scandanavian the other ancient Hebrew.
The word found in Ezekiel 2 is Meshek and many modern translations translate it the "Prince of Rosh". Meshek is the old word for moscow. There is little or no doubt among biblical scholars that Meshek is talking about Russia. We get todays word Russia from the word Rosh which is why many translators choose to use the word Rosh. The word Russia has it's foundation in a Scandinavia word. The fact is that Meshek and Rosh both are talking about Russia which is why it makes no difference what word they use, anyone who does even the slight bit of study will realize that Rosh is not talking about Scandinavia but Russia. I don't see how it could lead people astray but rather it gives people a better idea that it's talking about Russia.