King James Version

How has God preserved His word? How has the enemy tried to pervert the word of God?
jimbaum
Site Admin

Post by jimbaum »

Brother Zach,

First of all, I edited your last post to add a "[not]" to read that, "People are [not] stupid..." Is that ok?

And, thanks to you, Zach, because I have been meaning to deal with the issue of Bible translations for a long time and now you have provoked me!

The KJV only are a diverse group of people. I have met only a few who are loving and kind. On the other hand, you and I both have been guilty of being too harsh from time to time, yes?

Some KJV only people are sincere brothers in Christ who love their fellow brethren in spite of our disagreements. Some KJV only people are very cult-like and coercive in their thinking and approach.

Then there is a spectrum of variations of KJV only people in between.

By the way, welcome to this discussion board Joseph! I pray that our Lord Jesus would use this to bear fruit in each of our lives.

The Truth matters! Biblical Truth and Biblical Love are inseparable!

Jim Baumgaertel
wackzingo

Post by wackzingo »

Thanks Jim,

I was thinking the word 'not' but I guess my hands weren't.
BeefChuck717

Post by BeefChuck717 »

"This means Jesus while on this earth did not consider himself equal with God but equal with man."-Zach

This will more than likely be my last post on this subject Zach. I fell off my chair when I read that you said Jesus did not consider Him self equal with God while on earth. I have only met JW's and some Catholics that hold that position.

The Jesus Christ I worship considered Himself equal with God and Man while on earth. I really am shocked that you said that. Unless that was a typo or you are just kidding around. I cant really talk about this with you if we worship different Gods.

I just feel that the King James is the best English translation and I don't like to read the other ones anymore for reasons already stated. I don't go around saying that you are in a cult because you attend an ecumenical church so I would appreciated if you would stop slandering me. Your arguments to me only hold air at best. I promise you this will be settled at the judgment seat.